Secure Your Crypto Wallet
No matter if your into PoW or PoS assets, it’s going to hurt a great deal should you find your wallet compromised.
Rules to Follow
- Never store your seed phrase on your computer. Write it down and lock it away in a safe where possible.
- Always encrypt your wallet backups. Unencrypted backups of your wallet is just handing someone else the front door keys.
- Use multiple wallets with different seed phrases. Should one be compromised, you didn’t lose everything you had.
- Schedule regular password rotations for your wallets. Do not re-use those passwords either.
- Use a hardware wallet where possible.
- Setup 2FA when using exchanges as well as a strong password.
- Only update your wallets from the wallet website. Never trust an email or Discord message stating there’s and upgrade with a link associated.
- Never share you keys or passwords.
The best rule is to use common sense when dealing within the Crypto Currency space. There are a good number of bad actors out there that would love to increase their wallets at your expense.